Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Finishing Up

The Spirit commended to me the beginnings of this blog and the reasons therefore, and it now invites me to end. 

We should each be trying to learn how to accomplish what the Lord requires of us.  I intend to teach the gospel of Christ to those who seek it.  I intend to teach the gospel to others in an effort to fulfil church obligations and callings.  I am willing to share my testimony with any man and all men, and intend to.  I intend to teach my family and to seek revelations for our guidance.

Remember what Joseph Smith taught:

“The things of God are of deep import, and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out. Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God." 

Last, I want to say this.  To be an apostle in the truest sense of the word, is to be sent forth by Christ to teach others.  There are those who have been sent by the Master who you do not sustain in your conferences and meetings.  They possess the words of Eternal life because they know Christ and have received his word.  They are possessors of Eternal life, though they dwell on earth as mortals.  We should pay attention to what these have to say. 

This is why the scriptures are so valuable to us.  They contain the words of Eternal life spoken by those who possess it.  Seek these.  All else is as chaff.  We don't have time to not be digging into the scriptures.  Our effort in seeking Christ must become paramount in our lives. 

My foremost duty now is to seek this Jesus, of whom the prophets have and do testify.  He is gathering his people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment